With a Welcome Pack more generous than most, we provide Welsh Organic milk, locally baked Bara Brith, a large bowl of fruit a mixture of Fairtrade and Organic – all as locally grown as possible, plus a smattering of more exotic fruit. You’ll also find a bottle of red wine and two large wineglasses on your table, and a bottle of white wine in your fridge.
Also, we provide free-range eggs produced from Treginnis Farms for City Children (farmsforcitychildren.org), where city kids are given hands-on experience of life on a farm. A cause close to our hearts that we are proud to support.
For the culinary creative, each cottage has its own living herb trough, from which guests are encouraged to take their pick. Parsley, Thyme, Coriander, Chives, Rosemary and Mint – they don’t come any fresher!
A charge for heating is included in the rental figure between the months of October and April. A supply of logs sufficient for your first evening will be supplied by us, further supplies of seasoned hardwood logs are available at £6 per bag.
Stuff to save you packing
- Loo paper – 3 rolls + per loo
- Kitchen Paper
- Cling film
- Kitchen Foil
- J cloth and kitchen sponge/scourer
- Drying up towels
- Oven “paws”
- Washing up liquid
- Dishwasher tablets
- Laundry liquid
- Fabric conditioner
- Toilet cleaner
- The WHITE COMPANY Body/Bath Gel in all bathrooms & hand wash for all basins
- Also Soap, Shampoo & Conditioner from same source
- Hair Dryers in all bedrooms
- Alarm radios
- Dressing gowns
- 1 hand towel, 1 bath sheet & 1 flannel for each bed space.
- Hand towels for bathrooms and cloakrooms
- Tea, Coffee, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, Sugar and herbal teas in bedrooms (bigger selection of herbal teas in kitchen)
- All beds will be made up
- Thermos flask & kids/plastic cutlery & mugs/bowls etc. for picnics.
- Local map and Tide Table, local guides
- Logs, kindling, firelighters & matches for at least first fire. We supply “own produced” seasoned hardwood logs at £5 per bag (leave cash for what you use)
- We provide a herb trough with living herbs.
- Each cottage has a bird table, guests are encouraged to top up feeders from our stocks during their stay. There are bird books and binoculars.
There’ll be enough milk to get you started and some wine for frayed nerves! Also fruit, some local eggs and cake. Some people get Tesco or Asda to do a Home Delivery soon after they arrive but there are good local shops, which we prefer to support, and I’ll mark your card if you wish. Please don’t think you are being a pain if there’s anything else you’d like to know. Hope this covers everything!